This web-based application is currently under development by a team of undergraduate student in the Computer Science 309 Course at Iowa State University. Please refer to the links below for currently released development pages.
Version 2.0 (Final Class Release) (Last Updated April 28, 2013)
- Rooms and Features
- Table of all currently active rooms, with pertinent data pulled from the database. Select a room to see it in detail.
- Page of up-to-date policies pertaining to event authorization and the University Bylaws. Room specific policies.
- Page of frequently asked questions, general responses, and a navigation sidebar.
- Availability Lookup
- Page detailing timeslots of a specific room, helps users to select a reservation time.
- Reservation Request
- Auto-populated form with administrator controlled fields.
- Automatically prevents requests for reserved times.
- My Event Requests
- User-specific page detailing status of current and past events. Data can be reserved to administrators only.
- Internally, administrators can see all details of all events for specific users.
- Calendar View
- Searchable Day/Week View of upcoming and past events with Status and Event Record integration.
- Event Approval
- Internal page to track and alter the progression of events through the different states of approval.
- Billing Management
- Create and send invoices for events, history of all finances.
- Crew Scheduler
- Smart scheduler on a per event basis. Crew members are assigned with respect to availability, training, weekly hour allowance, and job position. Can easily be manually overridden.
- Crew Management
- Table with all crew members, active or inactive. Allows the editing, addition, removal of individual crew members. Event History for each crew member shows past activity.
- Database Management
- Supports the creation and editing of rooms and the stored aspects of all events. Allows granular control over request form layout and event record visibility, permanence, and type.